Call For Abstracts :
The Heart Failure Working Group Conference scientific committee invites the submission of abstracts to be presented as oral and/or poster presentations. Abstracts will be reviewed, and accepted submissions will be published in the conference proceedings. Submissions are accepted online.
- Biomarkers / Neurohormones
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Cardiovascular Interventions
- Electrophysiology / Arrhythmias
- Epidemiology / Prevention
- Management Strategies / Adherence
- Quality of Care / Outcomes
- Surgery / Transplantation / Devices
- Case Reports
- Regional Studies and Registries
- International Studies and Registries
Structure of the abstract:
The structure of the abstract should be as follows:
- Background and purpose
- Results and discussion
- Please note that a maximum of 300 words is permitted. The titles and the names of the authors are excluded from this number and have to be entered separately. Tables should not be included in the abstract body.
- The methodology section should include the type of statistical analysis done if applicable to the study.
- Statements like “results will be discussed” are not acceptable and may lead to a rejection of the abstract
- All authors approve submitting this work for presentation
- The authors have done the work reported in the abstract and take full responsibility for the contents
- The authors transfer all copyright ownership of the abstract to EHFC 2020
- The authors agree to confine their presentation to information in the abstract
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program
- The author will immediately notify the EHFC 2020 scientific committee if they are unable to make a presentation or if the presenting author must be changed
- The authors guarantee that clinical studies and any animal tests have proceeded with the official permission from the proper authorities
- All presenters will be responsible for their own registration fees, hotel and travel expenses. We regret that we cannot waive registration fees or cover expenses for any oral or poster presenters
FAQ’s for Speaker Permit:
This permit is required for any person who will speak, present or provide a training course during an event in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
The documents required to process this permit is collected by the conference secretariat and submitted to the relevant authorities for processing.
For events in Dubai
1. Biography (minimum 1,500 characters)
2. Passport size photograph
3. Scanned Passport copy (must be a scanned colored copy)
4. Visa Page copy (must be a scanned colored copy) for UAE Residents
5. Emirates ID both sides (must be a scanned colored copy) for UAE Nationals & Residents
The deadline is published on the conference website’s important dates page.
It is imperative that the documents are submitted to the conference secretariat well before the deadline in order for the speaker permit to be issued in ample time and avoid any delays.
Applications are submitted for processing after the published deadline of submission of presenter documents. Normally, the permits are processed within 5 – 7 working days.
You will be notified as soon as the speaker permit application has been processed.
Presenters are advised not to make firm purchases of air tickets and/or hotel accommodation until the speaker permit has been issued, otherwise presenters will be doing so at own responsibility without any financial liability to the conference.
Poster presenters do not require a speaker permit.
Only oral/video/workshop presenters are required to obtain the speaker permit.
No. The issued speaker permit is not a visa or an entry permit. Therefore, you must ensure you obtain the necessary visa for your arrival to the United Arab Emirates.
In case the speaker permit is refused, the accepted oral/video/workshop presentation must be withdrawn from the program unless one of the below scenarios are executed.
Scenario 1 : To nominate an alternative presenter who may already have obtained the speaker permit approval and registered to attend the conference.
Scenario 2: To submit the documents for an alternate presenter who has registered to attend the conference. (Subject to conditions)
Scenario 3: The accepted abstract could be re-included in the program as a poster presentation provided the presenter confirms participation as a poster presenter. This will not require a speaker permit.